Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 Champagne infused cedar plank
- 2 Medium Bartlett pears - cut in half lengthwise and core removed
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbs.honey
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat grill to 450ºF.
- Mix butter and honey, and brush the honey mixture over the cut surface of the pears. Sprinkle the pear with crumbled blue cheese.
- For first time use, season the plank by lightly toasting each side before cooking food. This imparts more intense flavor and helps prevent warping. Take plank out of vacuum sealed bag, place on grill, close the lid and heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn plank over, close lid and heat for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once plank begins to crackle place the pear on the plank, cut side up and move it to the grill and re-close lid.
- Cook about 20-25 minutes. or until the pears are scorched around the edges. Remove the plank from the grill, drizzle some honey mixture and serve immediately.
NOTE: Plank cooking times will vary.
Caution: If grill becomes too hot, the plank may start to burn; use a spray bottle filled with water to extinguish any flames, adjust heat and continue cooking.