Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Beer infused cedar plank
- 1 lb. Cod fillet
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 oz. ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Preheat grill to 400ºF.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the cod, ensuring that the fillets are evenly coated. Marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes.
- For first time use, season the plank by lightly toasting each side before cooking food. This imparts more intense flavor and helps prevent warping. Take plank out of vacuum sealed bag, place on grill, close the lid and heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn plank over, close lid and heat for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once plank begins to crackle place cod on the plank, move it to indirect heat and re-close lid.
- Cook cod about 15-20 minutes. If you would like to add some more smoke flavor move plank on direct heat for a few minutes and let it char. Remove the plank from the grill, and serve immediately.
NOTE: Plank cooking times will vary.
Caution: If grill becomes too hot, the plank may start to burn; use a spray bottle filled with water to extinguish any flames, adjust heat and continue cooking.