Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Chardonnay infused cedar plank
- 1 lb. Fresh Salmon
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbs.fresh lime juice
- 8 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to 400ºF.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, squeeze some lime juice, and sprinkle brown sugar.
- Arrange scallions on top of salmon
- For first time use, season the plank by lightly toasting each side before cooking food. This imparts more intense flavor and helps prevent warping. Take plank out of vacuum sealed bag, place on grill, close the lid and heat for 1-2 minutes. Turn plank over, close lid and heat for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Once plank begins to crackle place salmon on the plank, move it to indirect heat and re-close lid.
- Cook salmon about 10-12 minutes. If you would like to add some more smoke flavor move plank on direct heat for a few minutes and let it char. Remove the plank from the grill, and serve immediately.
NOTE: Plank cooking times will vary.
Caution: If grill becomes too hot, the plank may start to burn; use a spray bottle filled with water to extinguish any flames, adjust heat and continue cooking.