- Preheat oven to 350°F (depending on what type of food you prepare, oven can be preheated to 400°F)
- Take the plank out of vacuum sealed bag and put it in the oven for 3-5 min to preheat.
- Prepare your food according to the recipe and place it on the plank, then put it in a shallow baking dish. (You can also put the plank directly on the oven rack, and place baking dish under to catch drippings)
- In the oven your planked dish will steam, but it should not smoke. This will still infuse a lot of wood flavor into your food.
- Cook until desired temperature
- Enjoy your food and aroma in the kitchen
Cleaning the plank:
Clean it with a hot water and a drop of soap, rinse it well (do not soak the plank in soapy water) and let it dry.